During the past few weeks it has come to light that Lewes District Council plans to hand over several sites in the district to private housing developers. Although these developments are being presented as affordable housing, luxury homes are clearly the objective on some sites such as the Buckle Car Park in Seaford.
It even appears that Lewes District Council, rather than acting in the transparent manner expected of responsible public officials, deliberately excluded discussion of these plans from Council minutes so that the public would not get wind of their plans! A number of individuals and organisations have protested against this development.
Here are ways you can register your protest:
- Write to email@example.com to comment on or object to the proposals.
- Sign the paper petition that can be found in K&L Jewellers and Be Creative by the library.
- Sign the e-petition at change.org. N.B. this site has a dodgy practice of forcing you to agree to spam from them as part of the sign-up process but you can unsubscribe when the first unsolicited email arrives!
- Those in Seaford may wish to attend the public meeting at 7pm on Wednesday 19th August at Seaford Baptist Church.
- Attend further meetings later this year:
- Peacehaven and Telscombe – Monday 2 November at The Anzac Room, Meridian Way, Meridian Centre, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8BB, from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Seaford – Tuesday 3 November at the Downs Leisure Centre, Sutton Road, Seaford, BN25 4QW, from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Newhaven – Wednesday 4 November at The Hillcrest Centre, Bay Vue Road, Newhaven, BN9 9LH, from 4.30pm to 7.30pm